Mickey and Yoel take on social media. What are the upsides and downsides of being on social media, particularly Twitter? Why does Mickey ban himself from social media for most of the day? What led Yoel to abandon Twitter entirely for two weeks, and what drew him back in? Would the open science movement have happened without social media? Bonus: when is it a good idea to give voice to the voiceless?
- Blood Brothers — Blood Brothers Brewing is a family-owned craft brewery opened in 2015 by Dustin and Brayden Jones in Toronto, Ontario.
- Department of Deviance: Resignation — I have been a blogger at Feminist Philosophers for about 5 years. I resigned from the blog over the summer but now want to do so publicly.
- Keziah on Twitter: "PROM… " — To everyone causing so much negativity: I mean no disrespect to the Chinese culture. I’m simply showing my appreciation to their culture. I’m not deleting my post because I’ve done nothing but show my love for the culture. It’s a fucking dress. And it’s beautiful.
- Opinion | The Nation Magazine Betrays a Poet — and Itself - The New York Times — I was the magazine’s poetry editor for 35 years. Never once did we apologize for publishing a poem.
- How One Stupid Tweet Blew Up Justine Sacco’s Life - The New York Times
- Moral outrage in the digital age | Nature Human Behaviour — Moral outrage is an ancient emotion that is now widespread on digital media and online social networks. How might these new technologies change the expression of moral outrage and its social consequences?
- Clay Routledge on Twitter: "I keep seeing people post about how Twitter is horrible and exhausting.
- Jonathan Kay on the tyranny of Twitter: How mob censure is changing the intellectual landscape | National Post — Without intending to, Twitter’s culture warriors have created a sort of crowdsourced ideological autocracy ― and paradoxically, it’s left-wingers who are often targets